History of the Plant

main building of the plantIn 1931 the administration of Makeevka Kirov Metallurgical Plant made a decision to disband one of its units to expand the already existing blast furnace shop. Equipment, technicians - all these was passed on to the management of the repair shop, which was established to reconstruct old shops and construct new metallurgical plants. Before 1935 the plant produced about 7000 tons of steel structures, 60% of which were welded steel structures and 40% were riveted ones.

angle cutting on the multiple purpose press
In 1935 the plant was transferred into the structure of the trust "Stalkonstruktsiya" in Moscow, and then was renamed as the Steel Structures Plant.


Before the war, the plant produced steel structures for blast and open-hearth furnaces, rolling mills, mining structures. With the start of the Great Patriotic War, the major part of the plant managers and workers went to the front. When the front approached to Makeevka in October 1941, the main equipment of the plant was evacuated to the city of Krasnoyarsk. Along with the equipment, the plant workers were evacuated too. In the period of hostility, the plant was subject to considerable damage. Plant buildings were used as military warehouses.

gas cutting
After the liberation of Donbas in October 1943, the Ministry of Construction of the Soviet Union initiated the process of the plant recovery and a year later the plant produced 3,150 tons of steel structures. From 1944 to 1948, the plant produced 5,000 tons per year.
In 1948, the Ministry of Construction charged to develop a project of the plant capacity extension, allowing increasing of the production capacity up to 20,000 tons per year.

engineering department
Due to this reconstruction in 1958, the volume of the manufactured structures was 22,800 tons per year. This success was achieved, as well, owing to the creation of the design department at the plant, which provided operations with technical documentation and settled all questions of design and technological nature.



blast-furnace jacket
In 1962, the unique equipment for manufacturing of tanks by rolling method was built at the plant and in the same year the first oil storage tank was produced.

From 1973 to 1994, the plant affiliated the research and production association "Ukrstalkonstruktsiya" of the Ministry of Installation and Special Construction of the Ukrainian SSR.

In 1994 the process of corporatization of the plant began and in 1997 the plant became a public corporation. From that moment, the modernization of the plant has started. Due to the increasing volume of production, the administration of Makeevka Steel Structures decided to create an additional production subdivision in the city of Artyomovsk, Ukraine (80 km from Makeevka).

 
Select site language
Rates of exchange
Rates of exchange 13.07.2015
10 російських рублів 3.87 0.03
100 ЄВРО 2451.36 36.26
100 доларів США 2191.65 6.83
News

29.08.2013
As of today 1,200 tons of steel structures for the construction of new safe confinement of the Chernobyl nuclear power plant have been shipped. All terms on the contract are met, no reclamations.

19.08.2013
The modernization of the gas-plasma facility, released in 2011, has been carried out for the purpose of expansion of production capacity.

22.04.2013
Shipment of tanks to Kazakhstan has been completed. The contract has been executed on time and without reclamations from the customer.

All news

2000-2012 results

Rolled Tanks – 87,000 tons
Layer Installed Tanks – 82,000 tons
Steel Structures – 77,700 tons

Site Session Statistics
Content View Hits : 109821
Our Products

Azizi Hotak Group Fuel Terminal, Afghanistan 6 tanks... Read more...
Enakiyevo Metallurgical Works (EMZ),... Read more...
Liepaja Fuel Terminal, LatviaOne tank with volume of 3000... Read more...
Top